Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What I'm Reading/ Watching/ Listening To

A new installment...

What I'm Reading: The 7 Checkpoints by Andy Stanley/ Stuart Hall
As mentioned before, I meet with a group of 5 Junior Guys on Sunday Nights. We are starting a devotional journey together. The guys from North Point Community Church came together and asked the question... "What are the qualities/ characteristics we want to see present in our students as they exit High School." They summed them up in 7 checkpoints. The 7 week devotional takes you on a scriptural journey of self-inventory to consider how to implement these checkpoints into your life. I'm two days in, working on Checkpoint #1, "Authentic Faith."
I know this is meant for students, but it's already rocking my world. I'm excited about the journey that is ahead for us.


What I'm Watching: The Weather
This is crazy! We're getting dumped on right now. The drifts in the church lot were pretty awesome as I loaded p to head Last week, I could have spit and it would have been an ice cube before hitting the ground.
Not a big fan of snow, to be honest... but while I was driving home this evening, I looked out over a field, and it was beautiful. But now I've got to shovel it. Not happy about that.
Currently, we are enjoying a Blizzard warning, and a Winter Storm Warning.


What I'm Listening To: Oh Gravity by Switchfoot
I love these guys. They are dreamers. They are idealistic. Their songs make me smile, make me think, make me sing along, and yes, they even make me cry.
The Beautiful Letdown was absolutely incredible... one of the best albums ever... definitely in my top 5 (I smell a top 5 post coming sometime).
After about 15 listen-throughs, this album rivals Beautiful Letdown. American Dream, Awakening, Amateur Lovers, Dirty Second Hands, 4:12... catchy, thought-provoking, powerful.
I'm listening, and I'm liking.

No comments: