Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm praying over rocks



For the response to last Sunday's (March 18) message, I invited everyone to name their rock they received. The rock could represent 1 of 4 things...

1. A hard heart
2. Burdens
3. Broken Relationships
4. Stolen Goods


As individuals came forward and wrote on their rock with a Sharpie marker, they were invited to leave it in the alter if it was a hard heart that needed to be restored, or a burden that needed to be released to God. After the service, I collected the rocks, and they've been sitting in my office in big metal bucket.

Every day, I've taken a moment to shuffle through those rocks, read them, and pray over them.


Here's what some of those rocks were named...
  • A VERY hard heart
  • Fear
  • Lust
  • Broken Relationships w/ mom
  • X-Girlfriend
  • bitterness and selfishness
  • Fear of choosing the wrong college
  • My pain and hurt from past relationships
  • Getting used to God
  • Many rocks had individuals names on it
  • Anger
  • Anger toward my father and ex-husband
  • Kids
  • Lord, You know
  • More hurt than anyone will ever know
  • Regret
As I pray over these rocks, I'm asking that God restore individuals, give them freedom, make things right, and make relationships right.
Also as I pray over these rocks, I'm rejoicing in the fact that there is much freedom from those who have chosen to allow God to take these rocks and do what He needs to with them.

No comments: