Wednesday, July 18, 2007

From the Worship Leader

Jeremiah Lauber, his brother Landon, Joe Rich, and Ryan Suttor were the Worship Band for Summer Camp. Jeremiah left a comment below concerning his experience at Senior High Camp... it's worth a read, so I'm putting it here.

I've been simply encouraged and blown away at looking at pictures of lives that have collided with a Risen Christ for the past half hour. Most often leading worship is discouraging... frustrating at best. It is dismissed by the excuse of bordom, lack of imagination, routine, multiple options, or my favorite, the "i'm so tired."

But after a week with what NMC & NLF students, I feel a renewed hope His People acribing His Greatness. I saw a people of mere teenagers declaring "No Exuses" this week as they Rose up to Give their All to Jesus Christ. A group with some joyful, confused, hopefull, discrougaged, renewed, and exhausted but "Still they Gave. Still they Worshiped. Still they Praised."

In spite of a sea of "could have been excuses," NMC & NLF students stood before a Pure & Holy God & Fell at His Feet in worship.I tuly see an army rising up for battle- an army ready to invade and RUN INTO the dark places and shine the Light of Jesus Christ inside them Brightly, Boldly, & Beautifully. As I saw lives worship a Magnificent God, I have realized even more than ever that worship is not a momentary fleeting emotional event, but a heart's prayer and inner-most expressions to a Saving-God's Love as well as a life open to listen to His word, care, and instruction.

I believe we truly saw almost 200 students WRECKED by a MASSIVE CREATIVE WONDERFUL GOD this week, never to be the same....and I feel so unworthy & lacking to have been a part as I'm sure is the same for them...but I claim & remember... The Son makes us so & is waiting to do the same across the uttermost darkest places of our worlds & Globe for His Father whom All things were Created.Thanks for reminding a fellow Seeker of the King that God is Still at work & is ready to so quickly prove His Love & Greatness among this world through people like us.
Jeremiah -

1 comment:

Josef Samuel said...

Hi Derry, Joe Rich here. Sweet post! I put a handful of pics on my blog if Janelle wants to get a few copies. By the way, I'd love to invite her to join our club for wedding photogs. I didn't know it was a business you were running and it'd be great to network with Prenkert Photography!