Saturday, July 14, 2007

A look into souls

This morning went over to our prayer room. It was still "soaking" with the the prayers from last night. I was moved... deeply moved. I haven't talked to anybody yet, but after reading the walls and floor (they're completely covered with paper for you to write on) it is quite evident that those who were in prayer through the night met with God last night.

As I walked around praying for and reading the poems, people, artwork, gut-wrenching cries that were written all over the walls, it was only confirmed in my spirit that where we go in this morning's session is where God is wanting to take us in the year to come.

If we get one thing right next year, it's going to be prayer.

“A prayer room is not some giant spiritual vending machine: Just put in enough money and you’re guaranteed a can of Coke. A prayer room is first and foremost a living room--a place where the Father waits for His children to come and climb into His loving arms. It’s a place where we can experience peace so that we can make peace later; a place where we can accept forgiveness so that we can live our lives as priests at work; a place where we receive our Father’s acceptance so that we can love even those who laugh at us later in the day.”

~Pete Greig

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting to hear that God is at work already! We are praying for revival. We are praying that God will bring down walls and that our kids will adventure deeper into ONEness with Him and ONEness with each other.

Sue said...

I am so excited about the prayer room, how important for them to get a passion for prayer now and realize how important it is to go to God in prayer 24/7 about anything. I had to laugh when you made the comment about knee problems and prayer, I now sit mostly in my prayer chair or lay prostrate before my Heavenly Father who hears my cries along with everyone else's. God is so good! I wish I was there but yet I am so thankful to be at home praying for all of you. Please know I am lifting you up to the Father everytime he brings any of you to my mind which is often and all hours of the day and night. "Be still, and know I AM GOD!" Ps.46:10 May he give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Ps. 20:4 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you declares the Lord, Jer. 29:11-14a Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you though a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands of you. Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. I Timothy 4:12-15 Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. DO NOT put out the Spirit's fire; I Thess. 4:16-19 Praying for you. Sue :)