Monday, July 02, 2007

Update - Monday

FIRST OF ALL, KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING ON THE POST BELOW. THIS WILL BE A VERY SPECIAL MOMENT FOR THE KIDS.

Today was spent at NY Library/ Bryant Park. We did two different things there. One was going out into the park and engaging in conversations with people. The other thing we did was set up a table with a banner that said "Prayer Station". Students handed out papers letting people know that they would be willing to pray for people. As people walked by, "They would say, "Hello, How are you? Is there any way we can pray for you today?"
Today saw a mix of very encouraging and very discouraging moments. In the end, I truly believe all were "God moments" reminding us that our call is to share the love of Jesus and action and word. When we rejected, we are not the ones being rejected.
Here's some students reports...

well today we had a great but very defining moment in the park! we spent time praying for people while some rejected us a lot accepted it:). it was an awesome experience.
Brant:9

This trip has been very humbling and has definitely changed my perception on many things. God has taught me that he truly is in control and we truly just have to ask him for his strength and comfort. He is faithful and has definitely proved his "awesomeness" many times!!
Katie Lengacher:)

The exciting thing about being a cuddle leader is that I get to see students "get it." Through our failures and successful experiences God is showing us the extreme desire He has for everyone to come to know Him. Truth reigns...
El Tomas (Tom Carpentar)


Today was a really bi-polar day! I had some very good moments with talking with people in the park but when we were doing the prayer station I went to a man asking if there was anything that I could pray for him for and he told me Prayer doesn't work and that it's a bunch of bs and then he told me he was an athiest and he also said that God isn't real. He continued on swearing at me and keep telling me that prayer doesn't work and God isn't real and as he was walking away I told him God Bless and he basically yelled God isn't real. My heart sunk and that really hurt when he said that and a group of us prayed for him.
Carter Ammerman -Junior


Today was significant. There is much to process and learn. Please pray for us tonight as the entire group here for NYGO has a Concert of Prayer, and we follow that by debriefing the day. Pray that we will be able to unpack and process all that God wants us to grasp.
Pray that our eyes of our heart may be open to see the heart of God.
Pray for a outburst of compassion for the Lost.
Pray for a willingness to embrace persecution at home.
Pray for brokenness.
Pray.

4 comments:

CRAZY BLOOD said...

Way to warrior up team! I wish I was there with you. You guys are seriously out of the trenches and on the frontlines for Christ. Don't let fear have the final say. Continue onward in Faith, Love, and Boldness!

Heart & Guts,

Biz
Col 4:5,6

Kalyn Lantz said...

NYGO TEAM,
I am praying specifically for brokenness in every member of your group. I am praying that through this brokenness you would begin/continue the process of making your faith your own and God's love would be pouring out of you through this brokenness. Don't be afraid to be uncomfortable!

Kalyn Lantz

P.S. Hannah, I am praying that you have a divine encounter with a Jewish person.

Anonymous said...

Wow! How exciting NYGO team! It's really cool that Biz wrote Col. 4:5-6 because I have been praying over Col. 4:2-6 for you guys. My prayer is that you guys continue to be faithful in prayer to be sensitive to God's leading...that God open's "God sized" doors for you to walk through and proclaim His name... that make the most of each opportunity without forcing it... that you will be full of grace and LISTEN first and not argue ppl to Christ :) Hold onto Col. 4:2-6 NYGO team! Keep it up!

Kory L.

Anonymous said...

I have visions of you guys going to school in August and approaching your peers to ask how you can pray for them! What would a "prayer station" look like in your high school??

Kerri Warstler

P.S. Hannah Babe, we miss you!