Friday, August 10, 2007

Sundays are about to get better!

By the title of the post, you may think the pastor is going to launch into something about an upcoming fall program, or a big kickoff... well I am about to do that, but it's not about a church program or kickoff.

I love Sundays in the Fall. They're busy and full in the morning... but when 12:30 hits, I love to hit the couch with my lunch (being a couple without kids has it's advantages!) and watch the last half hour of pregame before the 1:00 game... which is followed by the 4:00 game... which usually has to be left at 6:00 to head to hang with a Small Group. Many times, that Small Group watches the end of that 4:00 game, spends some time talking life and praying together, and then we're home in time to catch the end of the 1st half of the 8:00 game.

Yes, I am an NFL fanatic. I love it. Here's some reasons why:
  • The Snooze Factor - It's a game you can fall asleep watching, wake up, catch the end, and still feel good. At the same time, you could be awake watching the whole game and feel good.
  • Any Given Sunday - The parody is great. Who knows who will be the champs this year? At the beginning of the year, you thought it could be the Colts... but by late November, were you still thinking that? And who would've dreamed the Saints would make the run they did last year?
  • Any Game will do - On the note of teams... I'm a huge Colts fan. I changed my colors from black and orange to blue and white back in High School when I really started loving NFL Sundays. Most of the sports I enjoy watching, I have to have some sort of heart investment to sit through the entire game. Not so with the NFL. Put about any game up there, I'll watch it... and enjoy it.
  • Play along - If you are an NFL fan and haven't stepped into the joy that is Fantasy Football; try it. Join a league on Yahoo. It's free and easy to catch on to. It makes a great Sunday even more fun as you cheer on the players on "your" fantasy tea
Yes, it's still a month away... but preseason is going. Football drafts are happening. Good times ahead.

No comments: