Wednesday, January 16, 2008

What I'll Be Listening To...

Just downloaded these from Itunes, and will be getting some consistent listening to while gone...

Jon Foreman's Fall and Winter EP's. Jon, lead singer for Switchfoot. He say's on his myspace page:
During my years in Switchfoot I have been fortunate enough to stumble across all sorts of songs as a songwriter- some are perfect for a rock band to play and others are far too intimate. Some need to be played in arenas with electric guitars, some deserve to be played with simply a cello and a bass clarinet.
Tim, Chad, and the boys, (and many of you) have been encouraging me to get the softer songs out for years. Now that we are independent, that dream of ours is finally coming true.
Over the course of the year I will be releasing 4 ep's, with 6 songs on each ep. The ep's will be seasonal: fall, winter, spring & summer.
The first two are out, and I'm loving them. Mellow, acoustic driven, artistic and full of imagery. I love Foreman's idealism and poetry.

The Almost - Southern Weather - Several students in our ministry love Under Oath, a screamo band full of passionate Christ Followers who are taking their message into some fairly dark places including the Warped Tour last Summer. I just can't get into them.
But, I'm loving drummer Aaron Gillepie's other band, The Almost. One of our students tipped me off to the band. It's got a great sound to it.




Rush Of Fools - Self titled Album. They were at NMC last June. They're coming again in May. I've not really listened to them much. Those who regularly listen to Pulse FM tell me they are getting played to death there.
Maybe it's good I don't listen to Pulse, because I'm loving these guys as well.

No comments: