Friday, August 01, 2008

Maasai Memories

I got to spend some time with my pal Caleb Bislow these past three days. He's been sharing with the teens out at Prairie Camp this week.
He came bearing gifts from Massailand.
This bracelet, along with several necklaces and headpieces were given by the Maasai church leaders in thanks for the support to the Maasai Project.

It will be worn regularly by me as a reminder:
  1. That there is a tribe halfway around the world that I plan to keep praying for.
  2. That God loves to see when a bunch of insignificant people and have them come behind something significant!

4 comments:

coreymon said...

i agree God does miracles right before are very eyes like when he made my dad a youth pastor almost as soon as we started living in Indiana or just living around terry his whole life but God blesses us so much and sometimes we don't thank him enough.

Sandi Krakowski said...

so cool! Isn't it fun how jewelry can remind us of so much! Love your updates on the site.... your family is so cute :)

(rescueisnotamyth) said...

is there any way we can buy some sort of bracelets/necklaces to support the maasai project?

Jon said...

This ar nice. i wish I had some, oh wait I do you are just holding them for me. Sorry i will 40 in 3 weeks.