Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Some Strong Opinions:

  1. Baseball has sadly become the Orient's (Japan and Korea) pastime more than America's pastime. I think we've lost something more significant than a game.
  2. Office pools are a form of gambling.
  3. As a club, the Cubs are stronger this year than last. This is the year.
  4. Although LOST has lost some steam, it's still the best show on TV, and might be the most creative show ever.
  5. The body of Christ should be more generous than ever in the midst of financial crisis.
  6. As a whole, pastors in the American Church are doing far too much "ministry", and parishioners are doing far too little. Both "p"s can shoulder the blame for this.
  7. The implications of text messaging are far more significant than we are thinking; and I'm afraid those implications are largely negative.
  8. The greatest detriment or assistance to a teenage girls spiritual growth is the relationship with her father.
  9. We are far less busy than we think, and far more frivolous than we realize.
  10. I am too afraid of what people think of me.

4 comments:

Rob said...

1. Sadly, I agree...
2. ..only if you put money on it...but pools for fun are OK, right?
3. Hold on to that dream...it'll never happen...
4. Also agree...and glad to see things start coming together...sending them all back to the island saved the show.
5 & 6. We love being "in church" but stink at being "the church", don't we? (Myself included...)
7. Just getting my feet wet here...can't weigh in.
8. So with you on this one...and not just gals...missing fathers hurts both sons and daughters, and it's happening more and more with each generation. How can we expect those kids to be role models in parenting and relationships if they've never had one?
9. Ouch...get off my feet!
10. I think we all are...but one of the things I love about you is the fact that you're honest about your faults, shortcomings, and other stuff. Your willingness to be real is what makes you such an effective pastor.

PS: Thanks for the question....you may be my only one! :^)

Unknown said...

I think an interesting social experiment is for you to revisit these "strong opinions" in...
6 months
1 year
2 years
and
5 years.

See how they change and stay the same.

JB

Corey Mann said...

You are one of my favorite people...I don't say that enough.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.