Thursday, September 10, 2009

NFL Pick 'em Week 1; and my Playoff Picks

For the 2nd half of last NFL season, I was involved in a fun little competition with my friends Dan, Dan, and Craig where we made our weekly picks on all the matchups. I lost miserably, but we're doing it again this year.

It all kicks off tonight (something I'm very excited about... I love Sundays in the Fall).



Here are my Week 1 picks.

Tennessee Titans over the Pittsburgh Steelers - Out a limb with my first pick (probably why I lost miserably last year).
Atlanta Falcons over the Miami Dolphins - Ryan is for real, and I have a feeling the Falcons will only be better than last year.
Baltimore Ravens over the Kansas City Chiefs - KC has all the ingredients to stink it up again this year.
Carolina Panthers over Philadelphia Eagles - I could go either way on this one. I'm just going with the Panthers because I really like Deangelo Williams.
Cincinnati Bengals over the Denver Broncos - I really want to see the Broncos do well this year, just to stick it to Jay Cutler. I also would love to see Carson Palmer make a comeback. I think the Palmer comeback is more likely.
Cleveland Browns over the Minnesota Vikings - Again. Upset here. I'm voting with my heart on this one. I don't like what Brett Favre did/ is doing. I'm hoping Brady Quinn gets the starting nod. I'll probably regret this pick.
Houston Texans over New York Jets: The AFC South is going to be strong this year, I think. Rookie QB for the Jets is going to struggle mightily.
Indianapolis Colts over the Jacksonville Jaguars - New coach for my Colts. Marvin Harrison gone. BUT, fully healthy QB heading into the season; great rookie RB to backup Addai. Jacksonville always finds a way to make it a game. The Colts usually find a way to get the win.
New Orleans Saints over the Detroit Lions - If Saints win by less then 10, Detroit should be given the win.
Arizona Cardinals over the San Francisco 49ers - I say Warner throws for 450 yds, and Fitzgerald and Bolden have 150+ receiving yds and 2 TDs each.
NY Giants over the Washington Redskins - Just going with the odds.
Seattle Seahawks over the St Louis Rams - Read comment above.
Chicago Bears over Green Bay Packers - I don't like Jay Cutler's attitude. I don't think Chicago has the receiving corp they need. I like Aaron Rodgers. I think he's going to have a great season. I hate making this pick. I just have a feeling Forte is going to be great this year, and Cutler is going to have a GREAT game this week.
New England Patriots over the Buffalo Bills - The despised Pats are going to step out and make a statement in week 1 with their golden boy back at the helm. On principle, I'd like to go against them, but I think this is going to be a high-scoring ordeal... I'm guessing at least 60 combined points scored.
San Diego Chargers over Oakland High School Raiders - Yup, I said that.
Dallas Cowboys over the Tampa Bay Bucs - I think both these teams are looking at less then stellar seasons.

So there's my picks. As an added bonus, I would like to throw out my playoff predictions:

Division Champs:
NFC North: Green Bay Packers (10-6) GB, Minn, and Chicago are going to beat up on each other, but I believe Rodgers will come out on top in the QB battle. I hope he does.
NFC South: New Orleans Saints (12-4) I love Drew Brees. That's all I have to say.
NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles (11-6) It won't have anything to do with Vick, but I hope things work out for him.
NFC West: Arizona Cardinals (11-5) They'll simply win because the rest of them stink.
AFC North: Pittsburgh Steelers (11-6) The Steel city knows how to do it.
AFC South: Indianapolis Colts (13-3) I have a good feeling.
AFC East: New England Patriots (13-3) Grrrrrrr.
AFC West: San Diego Chargers (12-4) They're healthy, and it's all there.
NFC Wilcard:
Carolina Panthers (10-6) They are going to just eek this spot out over the Falcons.
New York Giants (10-6) I don't know. I had to pick someone.
AFC Wildcard: Tennessee Titans (12-4) They're gonna be good, just not quite as good as the Colts.
Baltimore Ravens (11-6) Steelers will beat them in tie-breaker for Division Champs.

NFC CHAMPIONS: Carolina Panthers
AFC CHAMPIONS: San Diego Chargers

Super Bowl Champs: San Diego Superchargers.


No comments: