Friday, November 06, 2009

The Terrific 2s: Home and rolling

  1. Bottles and Diapers: Saturday, November 10, we arrived home around 11:00 p.m. As I look back at it now, it feels like what commenced was 2 months of bottle feedings and diaper changes. It was during that time I gave Katylynn the nickname "Poops McGee." As I think back on it, I remember a lot of joy and peace in our home as well. God's faithfulness was so tangible in those early days as we were (and still are) seeing the most unlikely answer to a 6 1/2 year long prayer.
  2. Dad Holding Her: It wasn't as big a deal at the time, but it's a huge memory I carry with me now. The Sunday after we brought her home, my parents came over for lunch and met their Granddaughter. After lunch, my dad sat on the couch and held his granddaughter for the first time. The mental photo of a proud and loving grandpa looking down at his baby granddaughter is etched in my brain now. On I'll carry with me.

No comments: