Friday, December 24, 2010

60 Days of Beauty: Day 24 - A "New" Devotional

Last night we had our Wisler family Christmas.  It was our 1st Christmas without the patriarch or matriarch.  It was a special time of sharing and remembering.  There was a collection of my Grandma and Grandpa's items that had been held back from the estate sale.  We were welcome to look through and take home any items especially meaningful to us.  I grabbed 2 items.  One was a horn that I loved to play with as a kid.  The second was my thing of beauty from yesterday.  

The devotional book belonged to my Grandma. In it are earmarked pages, hilighted or underlined text, notes written in the margins, and the occasional inserted prayer or personal thought.  I greatly look forward to a 2011 spent reading from the devotional classic made even more classic made even more classic by my prayer-warrior Grandma.

No comments: