Monday, February 07, 2011

My Super Bowl Thoughts

  • So Christina Aguilera messed up the lyrics to the National Anthem?  First off, I agree with what Jason Miller tweeted:  Amazing how people who'd pee their pants if they had to sing in front of 10 people criticize Aguilera for fumbling lyrics. She was awesome.  Second, I don't know how many times I've gotten confused with the lyrics to that song in the same spot she messed it up.  I'm one of those people that would prefer to see us change our National Anthem to "God Bless America" or "America the Beautiful" (but that's a rant for another time).
  • It was a good commercial year.  My favorites posted on Youtubesday tomorrow. 
  • Movies I'm looking forward to:  Super 8 (how do you go with bad with JJ Abrams), Captain America (Avengers fun), Cowboys and Aliens (I like Jon Favreau movies), 
  • I found the Black-Eyed Peas to be very entertaining.  I would prefer my halftime show to be U2, Springstein, or some other rock act, but the lit up dancers and dance tunes kept my attention.
  • Greatest line of the night by Joe Buck: "There's Alex Rodriguez with Cameron Diaz... and I'm sure Rodriguez is thrilled we put the camera on him at that moment... being fed popcorn."
  • Best Tweet of the game by ESPN's Adam SchefterAaron Rodgers is going to enjoy his first championship since 6th grade basketball.
  •  Oh, it was a good game as well.

No comments: