Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday 5: 5 Thoughts

Thought #1 - I think I am officially coming out of the most emotionally trying season of my life.  To be honest, I think I'm a better person because of it (mainly because it's knocked a lot of pride and selfishness out of me).

Thought #2 - I have an incredibly sweet daughter.  We've walked through some "terrible 3s" (the 2s were a breeze), but she is showing us a caring and generous spirit on multiple fronts.

Thought #3 - We often overestimate Satan's power, but significantly underestimate his tactics.  We're doing a 3 week Wednesday series called "The Spirit Realm" in Senior High.  We're doing a Sunday Morning Senior High elective on Spiritual Warfare.  As I refresh and study both, I'm reminded there is an unseen war taking place.  The battle is really already won if we let it, but we often don't.

Thought #4 - I work with an amazing team at NMC.  I'm especially appreciative of the work ethic and team mentality of those I share an office section with (The Student Minsitries and Young Adult Staff).

Thought #5 - I can't wait to play catch with my son.
 

No comments: