They were right on. He was very scared at first (and still somewhat scared of me by the end of the visit), but all that unfolded in the 2 1/2 hours we were able to spend with him was pretty amazing.
Some quick hits/ thoughts from today:
- There is something amazing about a mom, whether physically biological or "spiritually biological" (made that term up about 2 hours ago). What I witnessed between Janelle and Jr was nothing short of a miracle. The kid was snuggled into her like you wouldn't believe by the end of the time.
- Hearing the series of events that created the convergence of Jr on the verge of becoming a Prenkert only confirmed all the more that God is in the middle of this all.
- There are plenty of orphans in the world. If you're a married couple of parenting age and have never thought about adopting, can I ask you to at least take a moment to prayerfully consider?
- No two kids are the same. No two adoptions are the same either.
- I'm praying I can get a huge smile and a belly laugh out of Jr before we say goodbye (for now) to Jr.