Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Collection of Thoughts from Uganda

  • It's been a week since we left the U.S.  Lot's has changed.
  • I think I'm going to nickname my son "Duke."  I've never seen so much poop come out of a kid.
  • My mom has been a huge blessing on this trip.  She has helped us with Katylynn in times where we need to focus in on Moses, she's helped with food and dishes, and it's just been awesome to have her be able to bond with her grandson.
  • There are fewer better things known to mankind than taking a nap next to your kids.
  • One thing that may be better is watching Janelle be a mom.  She's the bomb as a mom (yup, I really just wrote that).
  • There have been so many people who have made this experience possible.  At some point, there's a long post coming concerning that.
  • Moses is a little sponge.  He's always watching and mimicking.  Today, I sat and said word after word which he in turn repeated.  This afternoon, he tried to put his seatbelt on after watching us do this several times.
  • Speaking of seat belts, there are no car seats here.  It's not going to be fun to retrain Katylynn and to get Moses acclimated to a car seat for the first time.
  • Strollers too.  No strollers.  However, I took the two for a test walk on our sit and stand, and Moses loved it.  The whole time he was making motor noises.
  • It's still a little surreal to be honest.  We know we've got him.  We're loving every minute of it, but we're anxious to get tomorrow's Visa Interview done.  From there, it's smooth sailing.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Can't believe you wrote "the bomb" either...threw up a little bit in my mouth when I read it. ;)

Seriously, excellent news and so glad things are going well and so pleased to hear everyone is bonding...and loving that your mom got to go, too.

Praying for the visa interview tomorrow...then for your safe trip back home!