Monday, June 27, 2011

IMPACT and GO teams

Today there are two teams from NMC Senior High heading out to allow God to stretch and use them.  I am excited for the journey ahead for them. You can follow what's happening with each team...
IMPACT Dominican - www.korylantz.blogspot.com


ChicaGO SEMP Team - www.gotrips.blogspot.com

Last night before going to bed, I passed this email on to our leaders to share with our teams:

Dear IMPACT and GO Teams,

It's Sunday Night here in Uganda... Sunday afternoon back in what Katylynn has now officially called the "Unison States." As my two kids (wow, that' fun to write) are fat asleep and I get ready for bed here, my heart and mind has been very focused on you all. I don't know how to say this any other way, 
 I have been very burdened to pray that God would wreck every one of your lives in the days to come. Yup, that's right, I want to see Jesus ruin your lives.

To explain a little further, my prayer is that through your time you would see that any other path but passionately following after Jesus would be pointless, and useless. I'm praying that you will be so wrecked and ruined toward any other thing than serving our Savior, that you will surrender yourself to 
His Will and submit to His Ways.

May you be challenged in ways you have never been challenged.
May you be stretched in ways you have never been stretched.
May you experience the move of the Holy Spirit in ways you've never experienced.
May you practice bold obedience in ways you have never practiced.
May you see your life IN HIM in ways you've never seen.
May you be wrecked and ruined for everything else but serving Jesus!

Matthew 16:
24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

Tomorrow you begin a journey that has the potential to change your life, the lives of your teammates, and the lives of those you come in contact with. Know that there is a family halfway around the world who is seeking to pray for you regularly.

You are Loved,
Derry

No comments: