- I became excessive in my Tweets and Status Updates in an effort to pick up new voters and remind people to vote daily. It was RIDICULOUS. I mean, I was annoying myself with the posts. I could only imagine how annoyed those who had no interest in the contest were getting.
- I started regularly posting "REASONS" to vote for our photo. These ranged from the humorous, to the strategic, to the sentimental.
- I recorded several videos of the kids asking for votes.
- I started making memes featuring various Disney and pop culture references.
- Others significantly joined in the efforts by sharing and resharing to their Facebook timelines in an effort to gain more voters.
- In an act of desperation one night as it became clear to me we had a chance, I made a commitment to dance down the streets of Nappanee singing "Let it Go" at the top of my lungs and post the video to YouTube. If we won in a landslide, I committed to dress up in a princess costume.
Because of the way the Facebook Timeline works, it's tricky to find all the stuff I posted after time passes, so I'm going to take the next several posts to recount some of the posts, memes and videos we posted just for the sake of having a good (for he most part) memory to share with my kids and others.
*Big thanks to the DIS Unplugged (www.disunplugged.com) for holding the contest and to Dreams Unlimited Travel (www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com) for the prize.