Friday, December 01, 2006

25 thoughts on Christmas: Thought #1... Christmas Lights


Christmas lights outside. I tend not to do them. It's basically because I'm lazy.
I would like to take a moment to start off this Christmas season by proposing a 5 ways you know you've gone too far when it comes to decorating the outside of your house for Christmas.

1. If I need sunglasses to look, you've gone too far.
2. If the decorations in any way incorporate a motor, you've gone to far.
3. If you have audible decor (meaning it eminates music), you've gone to far. (Right Jeff Simpson?)
4. If you didn't have to set up your decorations this year, but still have decorations up for Christmas this year, you've gone to far... (think about it for a second).
5. If anybody comments that your outside decorations "are... interesting", you've gone to far.


For further enjoyment of the dangers of outside decor, check out the 2005 archives at www.uglychristmaslights.com

1 comment:

Chunk said...

Ah,Christmas lights...an Ingalls family Christmas tradition. I remember when I was young getting in the car with my family on Christmas eve and driving around looking for the "What the heck are they thinking?" lights. I think one year it was Pastor Don's house. I'm not picking on him, but it looked like he was just too lazy to put up his lights that he just opened up his front door, threw them on top of the bushes, plugged them in, and shut the door. Haha. Good times.