Friday, December 01, 2006

31 Memories of 2006: Memory #1... Celebrating the New Year in New Dehli


I actually had the opportunity to celebrate the New Year 10 1/2 hours early. We left Chicago at around 7:00 pm (Chicago time) December 30, and landed in New Dehli, India at 10:30 pm (India Time, 12:00 pm in Indiana). We pulled into our hotel just as they were counting down to Midnight.
Janelle and I had the exciting opportunity to travel with Dave & Christy Engbrecht and 5 other NMCers in India. I had the opportunity to speak to well over 200 18-25 year olds for 2 hours, 2 times a day, for 4 days. I wrote of my experiences on my old xanga site. You can read them here and here.

I couldn't think of a better way for us to start the year.
Who would've dreamed then that a return trip was in the plans?

No comments: