Sunday, July 15, 2007

A message From Terry

Terry Bley tried to post this comment on the blog yesterday under my post, "a look into souls." He was having some trouble so he e-mailed it to me instead. I found it pretty powerful and profound. Parents and church, as you read this consider the implications for all of us when our youth decide is time to pray...

As I sit here at my home reading the blog this morning and praying for you, I find tears filling my eyes.
I can't quite explain the overwhelming voice of God saying,
"I'm pleased. Their prayers will not go unanswered."
I'm also taken to the passage in 2 Chronicles 7:14-15, "If my people who are called by my name . . . (What a privilege and obligation it is to be called by the name of Christ when people refer to us as Christian!) . . . will humble themselves . . . (We are a prideful people, quick to judge, slow to pass judgement on to ourselves.). . . and pray and seek my face . . .(Where is our dependency on Christ? Is He only our convenient crutch or is He our breath and our food and our drink?) . . . and turn from their wicked ways . . . (This is more than confession or the admission of guilt -- this is a desire to change and a willingness to allow the Holy Spirit to do it!), . . . I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land . . . (God longs to restore and renew.) . . . I will listen to every prayer made in this place for I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be my home forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there. (What is so beautiful about this is that we who are in Christ are the dwelling place of God through His Holy Spirit -- His eyes and His heart will always be there!)
This REVIVAL may start in the hearts of our Senior Highers, but as I pray, I sense the Lord wants so much more. Could a move of the Lord be bigger than NMC and NLF students?
Maybe, just maybe the hearts of parents and grandparents need to be bent toward 2 Chronicles 7:14-15. I believe the Lord is drawing His people back to Himself, let's run to Him with our hearts fully engaged to HIS DESIRES and not our own.

No comments: