Friday, October 12, 2007

Top 5 - Disney Animated Movies

Top 5 Disney Animated Movies

 

Since today marks the day Janelle and I begin our 4 night stay at Walt Disney World; I thought I'd throw out my top 5 Disney Animated films.  Man, this was a tough one.

 

5.  The Incredibles:  I like the twist Disney took on this movie going with a more intense action/ comedy.  Actually watched this movie at the theaters in Downtown Disney.  Well made.  Great characters.  Good laughs.

 

4.  The Lion King:  As far as Disney Animated movie experiences go… this one is #1.I watched this movie my Junior year in High School with 3 of my friends.  Saturday matinee, double feature with Angels In the Outfield.  It was the 3 of us 50 moms, and 300 kids.  There was one point where I yelled at the top of my lungs in the theater, and nobody even looked my way.

Great soundtrack.  Great story.  Impressive animation.

 

3.  Cars: Watched it in the dollar theater.  I actually ranked it as the #3 best movie I saw in 2006, but after watching it again, I think I would rank it a little higher.  Great animation.  Funny characters.

 

2.  Toy Story: Watched this on in Mishawaka at Movies 10 (wasn't 14 yet).  My jaw was dropped for much of it because I was so blown away by this thing called computer animation.  Not just that, I felt like I was living the unseen side of my childhood imagination.  I'm still thinking my toys came to life when I was asleep of gone.

 

1.  Aladdin:  I watched it 3 times in the theater.  It was the first movie I ever purchased with my own money (that was one big plastic VHS case).  Robin Williams is brilliant in this one.  We sang a few of the songs in my High School Choir. 

 

I can't believe I left out A Bug's Life, The Fox and The Hound, and Finding Nemo.  There's so many good ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Toy Story 2 better than Toy Story 1.

I would put Finding Nemo on the list.

Ratatouille and Bambi are both really good, too.

Anonymous said...

Robin Hood? Jungle Book?


Great picks though!

Anonymous said...

Monsters Inc and Mulan HAVE to be in the top 5. Agree that TS2 better than TS1. Have you seen the preview for WALL.E ? Could crack your top 5. Enjoy your blog a lot. Keep it up.

B-Rad