Saturday, December 01, 2007

Christmas Lists - Movies

This is a repost from last year, but it only makes sense to start the Christmas lists series with this one. Here is my top 5 Christmas Movies...

5. Simon Birch - It's probably my favorite movie of all listed, but it's not completely a Christmas movie as the storyline spans throughout a year. It does, however, have one of the greatest Christmas scenes ever made. The church Christmas show gone wild makes me laugh every time I watch it.





4. Elf - "You sit on a throne of lies." It's just got some classic scenes. Outside of Stranger than Fiction (which is in a category of it's own), this is my personal favorite of the Will Farrell movies. You cotton-headed-ninning-muggins.




3. Die Hard - Your classic Christmas story... Nothing says Happy Holidays like washed up cop teams up with rent-a-cop to overthrow evil terrorists diabolical plan to blow up a building and make a ton of money. But it happens on Christmas Eve, so I'm counting it as a Christmas movie.





2. A Christmas Story - I watch this one almost every December. Some classic scenes in this one as well.
The flag pole.
The lamp.
The snowsuit.
Fa ra ra ra ra ra.. ra ra ra ra.
"Oh Fudge."
"You'll shoot your eye out, kid."

1. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Watch this one almost every December as well. I laugh out loud every time I watch it. I personally find this to be the funniest of the Vacation movies as well. Don't we all have a Cousin Eddy in our lives?




Man, I guess I don't get in to the traditional warm fuzzy Christmas movie. I'm definitely not the only one with opinions on this one. For others top Christmas movies, check here.
What are your's?

1 comment:

Phil Strahm said...

Clearly you've never seen:

The Muppets Christmas Carol...otherwise it would be in your top 5.

I agree with A Chrismtas Story, and I also like the Garfield Christmas Special, although not technically a movie.

And Prancer because part of it was filmed in La Porte and I knew a kid that made a short appearance in the film!