Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Summer Wednesday Nights

We kicked off "Wednesday Worship" for the Summer. I loved it. Several reasons...
  1. It's so nice to see students walking in refreshed and relaxed rather than stressed and scurrying.
  2. The interns take over the program, and it's awesome to watch them grow and learn (Alison rocked the house tonight).
  3. With the interns running the program, I get to be there to mainly "do relationships".
  4. I was able to play with students.
  5. I was able to pray with students.
  6. I was able to talk with students.
  7. I was able to walk up to three students who had their cell phones out and sending text messages during the night, and ask them, "Do you need to be doing that right now?"
7 is a good number to end on. It was a fun, refreshing, and meaningful night.

No comments: