Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Countdown to Mexico

We're leaving at 3:00 a.m. Saturday, June 14. 9 days away. It's not a matter of if the crap-storm will hit, it's a matter of when. It never fails, there will be some strange curveball that comes before a big trip like this. Just ask Jason.

It takes up many different forms:
Sometimes it's a relational strain... Janelle and I have find ourselves extra irritable with each other.
Sometimes it's a physical... 3 years ago, I woke up and tossed my cookies twice on the morning of our departure for Peru.
Sometimes it's emotional... I've had depression battles, relational heartbreaks, and raised insecurities in th past.

I've learned to not necessarily pray to be spared from this storm, but to pray for perspective, strength, and boldness in the midst.

So what will it be this year? Right now, it's all about a battle to find some breathing room to rest, refresh, and get some focus leading into this thing.

But, He's faithful, and it I always look forward to the incredible opportunity to invest in students in the context of another culture!

No comments: