Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Elephant: Next 2 Wednesdays


We're still talking about "The Elephant in the Room" on Wednesday Nights with students. Tonight and next week we separate out the guys and the gals.
Tonight, it's "Pink and Blue Elephants.
Alison Gingrich (Senior High Intern), Cindi Lantz (Small Group Coordinator), and Janelle (my lovely wife) take time with the ladies to answer questions and talk straight to the gals about how this whole issue of sex has a significant impact on true identity.
David Cummings, Terry Bley, Marty Graverson, and I will be going a step further in the talk concerning lust by answering several questions submitted by guys...
Is lust a bigger issue for us as teens as it was for our dads when they were teens? How is this struggle different from guys and girls? At what point does a thought, look or action become lust? Will a struggle with lust stop being an issue once I’m married and can have sex? What do I need to do to live a life free from lust? Why are we making such a big deal out of all this?
We will also be taking time to talk about the marks of a man of God.

The Other Elephant, Next Wednesday
We take time to answer as many questions as have been submitted concerning the opposite gender. Alison and Janelle will be answering the guys questions about gals, and I will be answering the gals questions about guys. I love this night for the lightbulbs that often go on for students. I hate it for the awkwardness of some of the questions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad you are covering this subject. Let me know if you want a website that I am a mentor in to help men/young men battle for sexual purity. Including but not just limited to the "M" word.

joe