Thursday, November 06, 2008

12 Months/ 12 Memories - #6

Generation to Generation:
My dad is a reader. It's rare to see my father in public without a book. One of my fondest memories growing up would be the times my dad read to me as a child. In April, we went up to Ludington, Michigan to spend some time at my parents cabin. Mom and dad joined us for the first night. While together, Grandpa took advantage of the opportunity to read to his granddaughter for the first time.
This picture is very special to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Derry~
At least once a week I come to your blog and read your thoughts. Today I had this smile, when i saw the picture of your dad reading to your little girl. In high school I always remember during our basketball games, your Dad sitting up in the corner watching the game and reading his book! Thanks for sharing this memory with everyone. It made my heart smile!

Anonymous said...

Derry: I think the picture of Grandma and Grandpa and Katylynn is really nice. I like the thing called 12 months/12 memories a lot. Grandpa and Grandma are one of my favorite people to read with, too. Maybe next time I visit, Grandma, Grandpa, and I can see Katylynn again.