Friday, February 06, 2009

Friday 5

I'm going to try going with a new weekly spot here on the blog where I highlight 5 things every Friday. The categories will be varied.

This Friday 5 is 5 things I'm currently excited about...
  1. New Life Fellowship Youth - This past Wednesday Night, I headed over to Lagrange to hang out with our sister youth group. I've done this once a year for the past 3 years. Brad Bullock and the team of faithful Small Group Leaders are doing a phenomenal job over there. I was able to hang out with some students, worship with them, share with them about purity, and then sit in on a Small Group. Great times. I love being reminded that God is bigger than our church in the cornfield.
  2. Rwanda Night. Deadlines for Donations are approaching. I continue to hear stories of students' hearts breaking for the project, thinking creatively, and giving till it hurts. It's not about the final amount of money raised nearly as much as watching us all step into something bigger than ourselves for the sake of the Kingdom!
  3. This Sunday. I think it's gonna ROCK!
  4. May Anniversary. It's our 9th anniversary, but Janelle and I are going to celebrate it like it's our 10th with a little trip together. Just started booking some things for it this week, and it got me excited.
  5. He's not done with me. Do you ever wonder if God has just moved on from you? Like he's saying, "Keep doing what you're doing, but I've not got any new mountains for you"? I'd been feeling that way lately, but the last week he's been doing a number on me. Doors opening for new challenges and new opportunities. I'm excited to see what's in store.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boy, you guys are turning into us with vacationing all the time! Actually, we have to tone down our trips. Sales are slow. We are going to Florida for Spring Break. It's my parents' 40th anniversary, and all of us are going down. Good thing we paid for the condos a year ago, or none of us would be able to go now. I've been saving my piano lesson money for gas & food. It's going to be the cheapest Florida trip ever. So that will be our vacation for the year. Fun, but with my family. Is that really going to be fun? Ha!