Sunday, February 08, 2009

My Dad

So many questions are hovering and there's been enough traffic on this blog that I wanted to give a brief update.

My dad, Kip, was in an accident Friday about a half mile from his house. He was the only person in the car. He suffered serious head trauma. The next 24 hours included enough reports and twists and turns that could fill a twenty posts.

After some tough turns for the worse yesterday afternoon, We were were informed last night that all signs are outwarldy pointed toward him being brain dead. The neurologist will be here this early afternoon to give us a more definitive assessment. We have taken the past 12-14 hours with the approach to be prepared to let go, but at the same time be praying for a miracle.

My brothers and their wives are here with my mom. There has been awesome support and prayer from extended family, friends and church.

Dad is a follower of Christ.
He's an awesome husband, father, and grandfather. We want him around and healthy. At the same time, we know that no matter the outcome, he will be restored.

I preached it two weeks ago... and we're claiming in trust right now.

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you guys! We pray that you will feel God's loving peace during this difficult time. We are praying for a miracle for your Dad, and strength for you all, no matter what the outcome. Thanks for updating us all, Derry.

Much love to your family.

Rob said...

I can't imangine how hard this has got to be for you and your family.

May God wrap you up in His mighty arms right now, and rest assured many of us are praying...

Anonymous said...

We are praying in Michigan for you. It has been on our hearts and minds since Jeanie called us. Please let us know if we can do anything, we'll keep talking to Jesus in intercession.

Matt and Shannon

Denny said...

Myself, Jody and people in our church have been praying too. You are all being upheld in prayer.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you and your family.

CRAZY BLOOD said...

Man that is some seriously tough stuff. I'll pass the word to Jess. We will be lifting up your entire family in prayer.

tanklehane said...

We're continuing to pray along with many others that God's will would be done. May God continue to give you all the comfort, support, encouragement and wisdom that you all need during this time. Our thoughts and hearts go out to you all.

Chris and Rose

Anonymous said...

Derry and Janelle,

As I sit here thinking about what you and your family are experiencing, I'm at a loss for words. Words cannot express the shock and sorrow my heart feels for you right now. May God give you rest when you are weary and peace for your broken heart. Praying for you and your family in your time of need.

DC Curry said...

You are in our prayers man.

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.