Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Terrific 2s: 2 Prayers


The finale to the series.
Most nights where I'm home for bedtime, I put Katylynn to bed. Our pre-bedtime ritual consists of reading 2 or 3 of her current favorite books and then a couple of stories from her "Bible Book." After that, we pray together. She's learning to say prayers of Thanks... "Jesus, thanks for..." and she finishes it. Every night, I make it a point to pray two things for her.
  1. God, allow Katylynn to see how much You love her.
  2. God, teach Katylynn what it means to love You and to love others.
There is much more I pray over and for her on a regular basis, but these are the two prayers I want her to hear regularly, as well as what I believe to be the two most important things she could possibly grasp to expeirience the life her Heavenly Father desires for her to Grasp (see I John 4:17, Ephesians 3:14-19,& Matthew 22:37-40)

No comments: