Monday, November 09, 2009

Baby Walk

This weekend has some awesome stuff going on with Kids In Need.
5K.I.N. Saturday Morning.
Silent Auction for Baby Center kicks off Saturday at 5K.I.N. and online Sunday.
I'm preaching on the K.I.N. focus this Sunday morning.

Maybe the best kept secret in all this is Sunday Night's BABY WALK. It's a part of our 3-week Sunday Night series called ENGAGE LaRGe at NMC. Each week puts a focus on the Local, Regional, and Global aspects of NMC.

Baby Walk is a Global focus. My wife and several students have organized this experience where you will have the opportunity to walk through the live of 4 different babies associated with AGC Abandoned Baby Center in Kenya. This event will allow participants to better grasp the reality of the AIDS crises in Africa and the hope that the Baby Center is bringing. It puts a face and life to the crisis. I see it as an opportunity for individuals to travel to Kenya without leaving home.

If you're reading this, you should seriously consider blocking out 45 minutes of your Sunday Night sometime between 5:30-7:30 to GAIN awareness on a significant Kids In Need issue!

No comments: