Friday, November 06, 2009

Terrific 2s: Months 7-12


  1. Bedtime: More nights than not, bedtime was my job. We began reading books together, and then I would simply hold her, sing and rock. Sometimes she would fight it, but eventually she would give in and lay her head on my shoulder. In those moments when the breathing became deeper and deeper, I would often think, "There's no better place to be than where I am right now."
  2. Stay-at-home Dad: In the Fall of '08, Janelle would work Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Tuesdays she'd spend the day with Grandma and Grandpa. On Thursday, it was my baby girl and me. Stroller Walks, trips to the park, and shopping trips were common and fun. We were really worried if we were making a wise choice when Janelle went back to work. Looking back on it now, I'm so happy she got nearly every Tuesday from September '08 to February '09 with my dad, and then Thursdays with me. I'm confident the bonding that happened in those times will pay huge dividends in the future.

No comments: