Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hide and Seek with Katylynn

Katylynn and I played our first game of Hide and Seek on Sunday Night. From that point, it has pretty much become a nightly tradition. She's kind of getting it.

When I'm it, I'll count to 10, and she'll run off and hide. She actually does find hiding places... the closet, behind the chair, under a blanket, etc. The thing is, the minute I'm done counting and say "Ready or not, here I come" she jumps out of her hiding place, screams "Here I am!" and comes running.

When she's it, she counts to 10 (she says random numbers between 1 and 10). I "hide" in somewhat obvious places. She will walk past and miss me, so I drop a little hint by saying "Pssst!" When she finds me, she let's out a high pitched scream and goes crazy with excitement.

It has been ridiculously enjoyable.

When it comes to my walk with Christ, may we all be like Katylynn. When in hiding and God says, "Ready or not, here I come," may we jump out from our hiding place and shout "Here I am!" When he's hiding ad we're seeking, may we listen for His hints. When we find Him, may we respond as if it's the greatest moment in our life... because it probably is!

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

No comments: