Friday, October 15, 2010

What Gets Me Fired Up #5 - My Family

Everybody says that they have the best spouse in the world, but everyone else is wrong. Everyone says their child(ren) are the most beautiful around, but again, they are mistaken.  I have to be very honest that I often don't want to be at the church or doing my Youth Pastor duties.  I would much rather be at home or out with my family.  As we look to increase the size (and diversity) of our family next year (update on the adoption coming soon), I all the more desire to spend time with the most important congregation God has called me to minister to.  Jesus said, "What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?"  In the same, but slightly different way I ask, "What good is it if Derry has a thriving youth ministry, yet forfeits his family?"

It's the amazing two ladies (and another child to come) that God has blessed me with that really count.  That's what gets me fired up!

No comments: