Monday, October 11, 2010

What Gets Me Fired Up: #1 - Teenagers "Getting It"

It takes up different forms, but it's one of my ultimate goals in Student Ministries.  It's what keeps me coming back.
  • It's more than a religion.
  • It's not about me.
  • I can make a difference in my peers lives.
  • God wants my heart to beat and break for the things his beats and breaks for.
  • He has a plan/calling for me.
  • The "cool" things I've been running after really aren't all that "cool" after all.
  • The Holy Spirit is active and moving in my life.
  • I listened, heard God speak, and obeyed... crazy-cool things happened!
It's like a light bulb turns on in their eyes.  Sometimes there's smiles.  Sometimes there's tears.  All times, it's worth the pain, doubts, prayer, prodding, listening, sharing, praying, getting frustrated, encouraging, confronting, praying, and did I mention, praying.

Suddenly there's something bigger worth living for in that teenagers life, and that is what gets me fired up!

No comments: