Tuesday, December 07, 2010

60 Days of Beauty Project: Day 7 - Spreading a Beautiful Disease

So, I had no grand plans when I started this whole thing.  

I was really just a guy looking for something to get back in to blogging and realizing I need a little attitude adjustment.  I'm grateful to Justin who, after reading about the idea, decided to jump on board and join the journey himself.  As we texted back and forth, we decided, "Why not invite others in?"  As a product there are currently 13 of us journeying on our respective blogs.  If you're feeling down and out, take a journey on everyone from that list (click the link or look at the links on the right of my blog).  I think you'll learn something that became very real to me.

When we allow it to be, beauty is contagious.  
That, in and of itself, is a beautiful thing.

As a further confirmation of this realization,  I had a conversation with an individual who has been working with another individual who is in severe depression.  An agreement was struck to, at the end of the day, text each other one moment of beauty encountered in the day.  In the process of fighting through the darkness there has been some light shed by simply searching for beauty.

No comments: