On Sunday, I told Janelle that I was at a point where, if we hadn't heard anything by today, I was going to call HOLT and ask if it would be okay for us to simply go to Uganda, begin bonding with Junior, and potentially see if our presence in country could speed the process along. She agreed.
After work yesterday, I told Terry what I was thinking of doing today, and he agreed it was a good idea.
30 minutes after talking to Terry, while in line at Taco Bell, I received a call from HOLT... "In our staff meeting today, we discussed your situation. Although there are things we were wanting to see completed that still aren't, we feel it would be best for you to go ahead and travel to Uganda to begin the bonding process. Also, your presence may help speed the process along."
So, calls were made and research was done on flights. When I opened my email to see the best proposed flight dates and times, I saw an email from HOLT with the title "CASE UPDATE". They received word today that Junior's passport has been corrected. His medical checkup is scheduled for Monday. These were the two steps we've been waiting on. So, it all came together, and here we go!
Flying out Tuesday, June 21. (Janelle, my mom, Katylynn and I)
The plan is to be back home Friday, July 8. (J, K, Mom, Me and JUNIOR!)
God is good. He is faithful. His timing is perfect.