- Our Visa Interview is set for Wednesday, July 6 at 2:00 p.m.
- There is an adoption investigation by the US Embassy that has to happen for our Visa to be processed (when there last Wednesday, the investigation was not done.)
- There is a Visa Medical exam that has to be submitted for us to be able to go (when there last Wednesday, it had not been submitted).
- IF all goes well, they are telling us we need to leave 48 hours for the Visa to be issued. That is IF all goes well. Visas have been issued as quickly as the same day as the interview.
- We have return tickets purchased for Thursday, July 7, returning to Detroit July 8.If you know your math, Wednesday 2:00 p.m. + 48 hours does not add up for us to board our plane Thursday night.
- If we have to reschedule our tickets we are looking at a $350-$1000 per ticket charge (when I checked on a one day switch, it was $450 increase).
- Katylynn is very homesick. She is a trooper. She understands we cannot go home till it’s okay to bring Moses with us, but it’s getting tougher and tougher.
- Junior High Summer Camp leaves the day after we are set to return.
- Senior High Summer Camp leaves July 13. I’m supposed to go.
- July 13 is Moses’ 2nd birthday. If we can’t travel by then, we will have to purchase a ticket for him as well.
- God is our refuge and strength, but we are emotionally thin.
Here’s the Bottom Line…
We have about a 24 hour window that is crucial for this process from Wednesday, July 6 at 2:00 p.m. (7:00 a.m. back home) to Thursday, July 7 at approx. 2:00 p.m. (7:00 a.m. back home) where we need a successful Visa interview and an actual Visa issued.
We are asking if there would be an army of prayer warriors who would commit to fast and pray on our behalf over this period of time (7:00 a.m. Wednesday to 7:00 a.m. Thursday).
Our God is Greater,
Derry and Janelle