Saturday, July 09, 2011

A Note From Moses

Hello everybody.

You know, after two weeks with my Mama and Daddy, I've substantially progressed.  I felt in appropriate for me to take a moment of your time to write a quick update on everything from my perspective.

I spent the night in my new home last night, and I'm very excited to get acclimated to my new life.  As I do this, I just wanted to make sure you all are aware of a few things.
  • It's time for me to lay low on the blog for a while.  Daddy wanted to make sure those back home got to know me a little bit and were sure to lift us up in prayer while we were in Uganda.  He and I had a little talk this morning, and we decided my life doesn't need to be on display for everyone to see every little detail.  Daddy will probably post some pics of me and updates every once in while.  He'll definitely be blogging about other topics (NMC's Summer Camps, for instance), so feel free to stop by and see what he has to say about that stuff.
  • I'm excited to meet you, but please give me some time.  Mama was telling me there are to be a lot of people that look and talk like her, Sissy and Daddy who are saying they can't wait to meet me.   I'm excited to meet you, but I would really appreciate it if you gave me a little time to get acclimated to all these new sights, sounds, smells (I saw a horse on the road... they don't even do that in Uganda).  I guess there are some other key family members and friends my parents want me to meet first. If you see me with my Mama or Daddy at church (and it may be a couple weeks before that happens), it may be best to keep from crowding around me.  Don't worry, I'm going to be around for a while now.  I'll come around in a few weeks
  • Please keep praying for me, as well as my family.  I really think I like my new bed, my new toys, my new town, my new home, and my new family.  But, it's just a lot of new.  I'm kind of confused by it all.  On top of that, in the next few weeks, I'll be traveling to two different Summer Camps Daddy will be speaking at.  I have to go visit some doctors to check on my health. 
Thank you for praying for me and supporting my Mama, Daddy, Sissy, and Gran Gran as they came to get me.
With Love,
Moses Andrew Prenkert

2 comments:

Sandi Krakowski said...

I love you baby boy!! YOU are a Champion! I'm really glad you're realizing it is gonna take time... I woke up this morning and prayed for you. My first thought was, "WOW what a big change for such a little guy!"

You have a MIGHTY Savior who will be with you every step of the way. Your Momma and Daddy are so wise, I'm glad they aren't making your life a public event and are protecting and sheltering you. Your sissy is so precious... enjoy her, she's gonna teach you a lot about the Unison States.

I'm proud of you for speaking up!!

Hugs and kisses,
Mrs K :)

Dawn said...

What a wonderful post from such a special little boy! Mrs. K pretty much said it best with her comments :)
As excited as I am to meet you and hug you, I will gladly wait until you are ready to meet all the family and friends who love you.
We are going to have a ton of fun sweetheart(I hope you like ice cream).
I love you, "Aunt" Dawn