Sunday, August 07, 2011

From Brown CIty, Michigan

It's been 2 1/2 weeks since I've put anything up here.  You can read the post below to see why.  In the time that I haven't written, there's been a ton going on.  I'm now at the Missionary Church Michigan District's Family Camp in Brown City, Michigan where I'm speaking to the High School Youth.  Janelle and the kids will be driving up tomorrow to join me for the rest of the week.  Here's a few quick shots on what's been going on.
  • We were featured on the Lifesong for Orphans Blog 2 weeks ago.  Lifesong played a role in our adoption in providing a matching grant.
  • Moses broke his leg 2 weeks ago.  He fell off our bed when we weren't in the room (he's been able to crawl off by himself), so we don't know exactly what happened.  It's either some weak bones due to malnutrition or he caught it some strange way.  It was a clean break, but it was set right in place.  He's not in a cast, but can't put any weight on it for 4 weeks.  We're filling him up with calcium and praying for a quick healing.
  • The NMC Student Ministries Team has been all over the place.  Jess Noelle, Kyle Neeley and our SOAR Interns ran a fantastic NMC Preteen Camp August 1-3.  Geoff Cocanower was the Director at the Missionary Church North Central District's Teen Camp, and all reports are that he did a fantastic job!  Chris Lehane is leading worship up here with me, and as an added bonus our Senior Pastor Dave Engbrecht begins speaking to the entire camp tonight!  Two-a-days are in full swing, and the school year is just around the corner.  I'm grateful to be a part of a team that loves making a difference for the sake of the Kingdom at NMC and away from NMC!
  • SOAR is winding down. I have been blessed with 4 FANTASTIC interns this Summer.  With our travel to Uganda and the making adjustments with Moses at home, I have not been able to be around with them as much as I'd like.  The time we have had together has been great, and they have been an amazing group to work with.  3 graduate from college next year.  If your looking for a youth pastor in a year, let me know, I have 3 top-notch candidates!
  • We are ready to stay at home for a while.  I counted it up last night, since taking Moses into our custody June 23 till next Saturday, August 13, Moses and Katylynn will have spent 20 nights in a bed other than their home.  I will have spent 26.  God has been faithful, and we have had some great times together.  We're ready to settle in for a little bit!

No comments: