- Some of Jesus last words before making his way to the cross.
- Jesus does not want his organization to be monopolized by the affluent.
- "The Lord has raised you up for the good of the nation." - John Newton to William Wilberforce
- Book recommendation: The Clapham Sect by Stephen Tomkins
- Wilberforce believed the faith would not and should not be relegated to the affluent.
- This text is not about works-based salvation.
- This text is not about the root of salvation but the fruit of salvation.
- 2,350 verses speak of God's heart for the orphan, the alien, the widow, and the poor.
- Leave margins in your world to give spontaneously and generously to the least of these.
Thursday, August 14, 2014
Leadership Summit: Session 3b - Brian Lorritts
Matthew 25:31-46 (Parable of The Sheep and the Goats)