Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sacred Breaks

I'm going to get away from Napp-town for a little while. Later this afternoon, Janelle and I will be taking off for Marion, IN. I'll be speaking in a seminar at IWU "Fusion" Youth Conference. Ted Gerring (former NMC student) is the main student director of the conference. I'm pretty proud of that guy. My seminar topic is:


The goal is to focus in on How to engage in the Popular Culture (specifically movies, music, TV, etc.) as a follower of Jesus Christ. I'm a firm believer that the answer is not avoiding these things, but seeking to live out a Christ-focused reality of Romans 12:1-2 inside the culture we live in.

From IWU, we travel on to Panama City, FL where I'll be hanging out with various Youth Ministries in the Elkhart area (and my friends Jason Miller and Jeff Simpson I might add). I will be emcee of the Spring Break Core Retreat. The focus of this Spring Break Trip is:


I love being a part of this trip. It's my chance to help free up the Youth Pastors putting on the event to do what they want to do... be with their kids.

Have a blessed Spring Break all. Let Christ invade it!

No comments: