Thursday, April 06, 2006

Beach Bum

I'm back home. As previously mentioned... we first traveled to IWU for the Fusion Youth Conference. My main man Teddy Gerring played a key role in the planning and prep. He had a pretty sweet setup for the main sessions.




But let me tell you about my trip from Marion to Florida.
Exit 0 on I-65, just stopped at DQ for lunch.
We're getting ready to cross the bridge that takes us into Lexington. Traffic is backed up. So I stop... but the guy beside me decides not to stop.

















(Yeah, I look like I'm on crack, I know).

We were a little whip-flashed, but still okay. Fortunately, the car ran fine. Actually ran too well... just ask the Alabama trooper I met 24 hours later.


Here's some highlights from Florida time:

* Driving to Pensecola to pick up the band (Jason Miller, D-Maust, D-Brown, Matt). Good times hanging with these fellas.
* Lunch at Ducky's... always good.
* A day spent out on Shell Island with my honey (that's my wife just to make sure you all know).
* Fantasy Baseball underway, and free wireless internet right along the beach is a pretty sweet setup.
* A powerful night of worship on Thursday Night.

Also, I love taking times like this to do some reading. My current readings... I am not but I know I am by Louie Giglio and The Beginners Guide to Intercession by Dutch Sheets... both Great reads. Giglio for inspiration and getting you thinking, and Sheets for good instruction on prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I realize I'm behind on this....but I'm sad you left Xanga. Also, I'm sorry about the car, and you do look like you're on crack in that picture!! :) I'm glad you had a good time on Spring Break! Have a good one!