Friday, March 28, 2008

Mistaken Identity

Janelle and I just finished watching the 2 hour Dateline NBC story concerning the 2006 accident that claimed the lives of 5 individuals from Taylor University. The shocking story that followed was that somehow, a surviving female was mistakenly identified as one of the females that did not make it.

The families involved have a deep rooted faith in Christ. As I watched the story tonight, I was reminded that it is possible for a Christian can be depicted through a news in such a way that displays what it truly means to follow Christ. For some reason, this especially rings true in the midst of tragedy. It is a heart-wrenching and shocking story. At the same time, I was moved by both families involved. They have written a book about the experience. Below are abbreviated videos of the Dateline show.




Whitney (survivor) sharing about the experience:



I believe they are putting the entire story up to view. You can find it here.

2 comments:

tanklehane said...

Dude, I watched this Dateline story too. It was awesome!!! I told Rose that she needs to watch it as well. So much teachable stuff just in this 2 hour interview for anyone who has gone through this before and good for those of us who have not yet. Many tears came to my eyes. All I can say is "WOW".

Sandi Krakowski said...

UPBC is the camp my kids have gone to for 5 years.... truly amazing story