Friday, April 25, 2008

Questions I often Ask... The Wisdom edition

Last Wednesday Night was week 2 in our series. The focus was Wise Choices. We came out of Ephesians 5 with a specific focus on v. 15-18.

We outlined three keys to making wise choices:
  1. Be Aware.
  2. Ask the Right Questions.
  3. Be filled with the right stuff.

When it comes to making wise choices, it's been very valuable to me to make sure I'm asking the right questions. I shared several questions that I often ask myself as I'm going through my decision-making process:

  • WHY DO I WANT TO DO THIS?
  • IS THAT REALLY WHY I WANT TO DO THIS?
  • HOW WILL MY CHOICE AFFECT OTHERS?
  • HOW WILL MY CHOICE AFFECT MY FUTURE?
  • DOES THIS HELP ME GROW CLOSER TO GOD?
  • DO I NEED THIS OR WANT THIS?
  • WHAT ARE THE POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCES?
  • WOULD I DO THIS IF KATYLYNN (you insert the appropriate name for you) KNEW?
  • WOULD MY CHOICE REFLECT HOW I WANT THE WORLD TO VIEW CHRISTIANITY?
  • AM I CHOOSING TO DO SOMETHING THAT JESUS ACTUALLY DIED FOR?
Again, there are other questions I ask, but these tend to be valuable for me. What questions do you ask to ensure you are making the wise choice?


No comments: