First off, this blog is going to have some added posts over the next four days. There are approximately 180 NMC and New Life Fellowship (Sister church in Lagrange) Jr and Sr High students heading to Spring Hill Camp in Evart, MI for our Winter Retreat. I will be posting several updates with reports, photos, and prayer requests while there till December 30. I will continue the the 60 Days of Beauty journey while there.
The eve of a youth trip tends to have several things involved.
- Last minute calls from parents/students for a variety of reasons.
- Some level of panic over something that hasn't gone as planned in trip preperation.
- Finishing up details that result in a level of exhaustion leading into a trip that will make me exhausted.
- Explaining to Katylynn where Daddy will be for the next few days (this one's a little newer, still learning the ropes here).
- A little extra sleep due to different service schedule.
- A great morning of worship and challenge at church.
- 5 games of Settlers of Catan with Janelle (I currently lead the series 3-2).
- Lots of snuggling with Katylynn.
- A great bedtime for Katylynn with singing, reading, and prayer.
- A Colts win.
All in all, a relaxing, fun and enjoyable day to prepare for an intense four days of ministry to some amazing students.
A day that I would consider a beautiful gift from God.