Tuesday, January 11, 2011

60 Days of Beauty: Day 42 - A Mentor, Co-laborer, and Friend

In 1990, he met me and saw something in me.
In 1996, he invited me to come and learn about youth ministry from him.
In 1999, he asked if I could be join him as a full-time partner in ministry.
On January 10, 2011, he and I sat together at Mancino's and talked ministry, theology, burdens, and life.
Almost 21 years from when we first met.
Going on 15 years of ministry together.
A Mentor.
A Co-laborer.
A Friend.

He wondered if he might be able to actually be mentioned in the 60 Days of Beauty.

Yesterday, the time spent talking with a great friend was a beautiful reminder of a beautiful friendship God has placed in my life.

Much love and thanks to Terry Bley for the opportunity to share in this journey together.
One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
 but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24

1 comment:

blckspdr said...

ive seen terry bley... theres not much beauty in that mug! lol just kidding terry!